Monday, May 13, 2013

COME SMELL WITH ME


Playing with my perfume potions.

Have you ever struggled to unify all of the kooky and idiosyncratic parts of yourself in order to create something …well …real? 

As in, a real job. A real business. A real way to help the world.

Me too. And I struggled with it for a long, long time. Then I had this neat idea. 

What if it was as simple as a math problem? A really basic math problem. No derivatives or theorems here. Just elementary-level addition:

What I Love + My Innate Gifts = SOMETHING REAL.

That idea stuck with me.

And then, after a few cycles of trial & error, it evolved into something more specific

What I Love (beauty and sensory pleasure) + My Innate Gifts (writing and communicating) + My Learned Skills (teaching and technical competence) + My Knowledge (*all things perfumery)  

= Something REALLY REAL.

Over time, that little math lesson turned into a really real business idea that I call: THE OLFACTORY.

THE OLFACTORY is a fragrance event, education, and consultation company where I get to share my passion for scent.

It's a crazy, exciting venture that I hope brings just a teeny-weeny bit more beauty (and a whole lot of nose-pleasing pleasure) to your world. 

It’s not completely perfect.
But it’s perfectly complete.
And it’s ready for public consumption.

So: I’d love to invite YOU to beta-test it, with me.

Here’s what to do next: 
  • Take a little tour of the website (even though it’s still a bit rough in places)
  • Sign up THE OLFACTORY newsletter (you’ll get updates, resources, and other fragrant goodies in your inbox from time-to-time).
  • Promise to come back and visit.

And here’s what will happen when you say YES: 

I will work my tail off to craft helpful, fun, inspiring content here on the blog. 

I will offer the best scent-ertainment this side of the Mississippi.

And I will do my happy dance, which looks a lot like this.

Thank you for your willingness to play + explore.

Ready. Set. Whoa.
And awaaaaay we go!


Fragrantly Yours,
Tara

*I also know a boatload about Victorian art and literature. I’m convinced that is going to come in handy someday. You just wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment